KASHMIR GREAT LAKES TREK20th July 2019
Region: Sonmarg (Jammu & Kashmir)
Duration: 8 Days
Max Altitude: approx 13,750 ft.
Trekking kms: 63
Batch size: 25 trekkers max
About the place -
Short Itinerary -
Day 1: Getting to base camp – Sonamarg. The transport will be arranged at 2:30 PM from TRC Srinagar. The amount of cab is shared between trekkers.
Day 2: Sonamarg (7,800 ft) to Nichnai (11,500 ft); 9 km, 6 hours
Day 3: Nichnai (11,500 ft) to Vishnusar (12,000 ft); 12 km, 6 hours
Day 4: Explore Vishnusar and Kishansar Lakes
Day 5: Vishnusar (12,000 ft) to Gadsar (12,500 ft) via Gadsar Pass (13,800 ft); 10 km, 5 hours
Day 6: Gadsar (12,500 ft) to Satsar (12,000 ft); 12 km, 6 hours
Day 7: Satsar (12,000 ft) to Gangabal twin lakes (11,500 ft); 9 km, 6 hours
Day 8: Gangabal (11,500 ft) to Naranag (7,450 ft); 11 km, 6 hours. Drive to Srinagar and reach by 6:00 PM
Cost the trek is Rs 12500/- only.
- Accommodation (Camping on 3 sharing tents)
- Meals while on trek (Veg & Egg) - Bed Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- Trek equipment like Sleeping bag, mattress, tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent
- Trekking Permits and First aid medical kits
- Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide Support staff and Mules
- Transport from Srinagar to Sonamarg and return Naranag to Srinagar.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage
- Hotel Stay in Srinagar
- Food during the transit
- Stay and food at Srinagar
- Anything not mentioned under cost includes
To register for the event,
Contact - 9987577684 / 9819986540 / 9987007742
Email us at email@example.com
One has to transfer full amount for the registration in following bank account -
Account Name: OWLET OUTDOORS
Account Number: 50200028742000 (Current)
Bank Name: HDFC Bank
Branch: Shantivan, Borivali East, Mumbai
Things to be carried
List of things to be carried -
- Haversack / Backpack (50-60 Ltrs) with Rain Cover
- Day pack (20-30 Ltrs) with rain cover (If hire a mule or porter)
- Walking stick
- Head torch with extra batteries
- Water bottle/Hydration pack 2 bottles of one liter each
- Carry at least one thermas flask
- Snacks, Energy bars, dry fruits, Electral / ORS
- Personal Medicines required if any
- T-shirts 2 Full sleeves (Avoid cotton T shirts)
- Fleece T-shirts 1 Nos.
- Fleece jacket (Alternative: a woolen sweater)
- Down feather jacket
- Wind & waterproof jacket & pant
- Thermal inner - upper and lower
- Quick Dry Towel
- Waterproof Gloves
- Fleece / Woolen Gloves
- Trek pants - 2 nos Synthetic (avoid shorts, fitting denims, capris)
- Waterproof Trekking shoes with high ankle and good grip
- Floaters / flip-flops (Optional)
- Cotton Socks - 5 pairs at least
- Woolen socks - 3 pairs at least
- Sunscreen Lotion, Hand sanitizer, Lip balm, Moisturizer, Antibacterial powder
- Toilet Paper & wipes, Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Mobile and Camera charging system / Powerbank and extra battery
Rules to be followed
Few Rules we would like people follow -
- Consumption of alcohol, smoking, drugs, narcotics is strictly now allowed and would lead to expulsion from the trek.
- Leader's decision will be final and binding to all members. No arguments will be entertained.
- Each member is responsible for their own safety and baggage.
- Please do not wear any jewellery or gold ornaments.
- Please do not litter. Do not throw plastic, paper, wrappers, bottles etc. Carry them home to throw in the dustbin.
- We strongly believe in saying - Wherever we go, leave only footprints and take back only memories.
All travelers are advised to purchase travel insurance that provide care and services for sickness, Accidents, emergency rescue, ted. Related to international travel. Any organizer of Owlet Outdoors shall not be responsible for the loss of personal assets and belongings of the travelers due to unavoidable reason or mishap.
Caution & Remarks :
- Even though participants do not need to submit any health certificates those with a history of medical problems, particularly cardiac or respiratory, should consult a doctor before deciding to undertake the trip.
- Carry appropriate substitution drugs for individuals allergic to any of above
- Avoid medication such as sleeping tablets, sedatives, strong painkillers, and anti histamines which depress the respiration and increase the risk of (AMS-Active Mountain Sickness) especially while sleeping
For Registraion Email Us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Call: 9987577684 / 9819986540