SUDHAGAD TREK15th September 2019
THIS EVENT IS OVER !!
Duration: 1 Day
Region: Pali, Raigad
About the place -
Sudhagad, one of the ancient fort in Sahyadries, also known as Bhorapgad is situated near Pali in Raigad district of Maharashtra. Standing at about 620 meters from sea level, the fort is said to be as old as Thanale Caves which are nearly 2200 years old. As per Puranas, Rishi Bhrigu has stayed here and established a temple of godess Bhorai on the fort. A palace of Pant Sachiv of Bhor can accommodate 30 peoole. Apart from this, some lakes, water cisterns, fortification wall, remains of settlements, entrance door, Emergency escape routes can be seen on the fort. The Mahadarwaja is an exact replica of that of Raigad. Forts like Sarasgad, Telbaila, Ghangad, Sawashni Ghat, Nandand Ghat, Ama River etc. can be seen from Sudhagad.
Mumbai participants -
Meet at Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali at 5:00 am sharp
Sunday, 15th September 2019 -
- Travel by private non AC vehicle
- Pick ups on the way and Breakfast en-route
- Reach base village Thakurwadi by 9:00 am
- Round of Introduction and Instructions
- Start the trek by 9:30 am
- Explore Sudhagad till 12:30 pm
- Enjoy local flavor lunch at the Pant Pratinidhi Wada
- Post lunch start descend towards Dhondase village
- Tea and snacks
- Start journey back to Mumbai by 6:00 pm
- Reach Mumbai / Pune by 10:00 pm (tentative)
The cost of the trek is Rs. 1100/- only.
The cost includes -
- Travel from Mumbai - Sudhagad - Mumbai in private non AC vehicle
- Breakfast, Morning Tea, Lunch and Evening Snacks and Tea
- Guide and Expertise Charges
The cost does not include -
- Bottled Drinking water / Cold Drinks
- Any personal orders/expenses
- Any personal or travel insurance
- Anything which is not mentioned in cost includes
To register for the event, Contact - 9987577684 / 9819986540 / 9987007742
One has to handover or transfer the trek amount to the following bank account -
Account Name: OWLET OUTDOORS
Account Number: 50200028742000 (Current)
Bank Name: HDFC Bank
Branch: Shantivan, Borivali East, Mumbai
Things to be carried
Here is a list of all the things that need to be carried for the trek -
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried for the even
- At least 2 liters of water
- Lunch for the day
- At least 1 set of spare clothes with a towel and napkin
- Windcheater or Poncho
- Plastic to wrap your stuff
- Some snacksto munch on
- Personal Medicines required if any
- Identity Proof
Rules to be followed
Few rules that we would like people to follow -
- Consumption of alcohol, smoking, drugs, narcotics is strictly not allowed and would lead to expulsion from the trek.
- Leader's decision will be final and binding to all members. No arguments will be entertained.
- Each member is responsible for their own safety and baggage.
- Please do not wear any jewellery or gold ornaments.
- Please do not litter. Do not throw plastic, paper, wrappers, bottles etc. Carry them home to throw in the dustbin.
- We strongly believe in saying - Wherever we go, leave only footprints and take back only memories.
It is advisable to wear full sleeve clothes and comfortable trekking shoes.
Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing is an adventurous activity and accidents can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care. The organization will not be responsible for any injury / accident / death to the participant while on trek.
For Registraion Email Us at: email@example.com
or Call: 9987577684 / 9819986540