LONAR CRATER TOUR09th November 2019
THIS EVENT IS OVER !!
Places to be covered: Lonar Crater, Sindakhed Raja, Mehekar Balaji Temple
About the place -
Lonar Crater -
Lonar Crater is located at Lonar in Buldhana District, about 122 km away from Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India. It is consideredd as one of the world's 5 largest craters. The lake is a saline soda lake which was created by a meteor impact during the Pleistocene Epoch. This lake, which lies in a basalt impact structure, is both saline and alkaline in nature. Geologists, ecologists, archaeologists, naturalists and astronomers have reported several studies on the various aspects of this crater lake ecosystem. Lonar Lake has a mean diameter of 1.2 kilometres (3,900 ft) and is about 137 metres (449 ft) below the crater rim. The meteor crater rim is about 1.8 kilometres (5,900 ft) in diameter. A study published in 2010 gives an age of crater as 656,000 ± 81,000 years.
Sindkhed Raja is famous for the birth place of Jijabai (Shivaji Maharaj's mother). This was the place where Raja Lakhuji Jadhav (Jijabai's father) ruled and lived. The place has a lot of historical places to see.
A 120 years old Balaji Temple in Mehekar has Asia's biggest sculpture of Lord Balaji. The idol is made in a single black stone. Idol of Lord balaji, along with copper scripture (Tamrapat) was found during digging in 1888 AD.
- Night Departure to Jalna by Devgiri express at 9.10 pm from Mumbai CST
- Reach Jalna Railway Station by 5:00 Hrs
- Travel towards Lonar by 10 seater Private jeep / Trax
- Reach Lonar and check in at hotel / MTDC Dorm
- Freshen up and Breakfast
- Briefing about the Lonar crater by an Expert
- Explore nearby temples and cultural heritage of Lonar
- Lunch and rest
- Move for Lonar Crater Parikrama (Outer) and photogrphy.
- Dinner and retire for the day
- Wake up call at 05:30 Hrs, Freshenup and Breakfast
- After breakfast start with the Lonar Parikrama (Approx. 4 Hrs)
- CHeck out from the hotel and Lunch
- Travel to Mehekar to see the World's Biggest Balaji Idol
- Proceed to Sindkhedraja and visit birthplace of Rajmata Jijabai
- Reach Jalna by 19:30 Hrs
- Board Nandigram Express at 20.15 Hrs from Jalna
- Reach Mumbai CST by 5.40 Hrs
Cost of trip is Rs 3950/- only
The cost includes -
Cost does not include -
The cost includes -
- Non-AC Sleeper Class Train Tickets
- Meals during the trip (2 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 1 Dinner, Tea)
- Internal Transportation by private non-AC trax / jeep
- Accommodation in non-AC Dormitory at MTDC or equivalent
- Guide and Expertise Charges
Cost does not include -
- Food ordered during train journey
- Dinner on Sunday (Day 2)
- Bottled Drinking Water / Soft Drinks etc
- Any travel or personal insurance
- Anything which is not mentioned in the cost includes
To register for the trek, contact - 9987577684 / 9819986540 / 9987007742
Email us at email@example.com
One has to pay Rs 2000/- (Non refundable) at the time of registrtion.
Remaining amount to pay 1 month before the journey date.
Handover cash or deposit in the following bank account -
Account Name: OWLET OUTDOORS
Account Number: 50200028742000 (Current)
Bank Name: HDFC Bank
Branch: Shantivan, Borivali East, Mumbai
Note: Train Bookings open 4 months in advance. So get confirmed train tickets, register yourself well in time.
Things to be carried
Here is a list of things to be carried for the trek -
- Haversack to put in everything to be carried for the trek
- Water - 3 Liters at least
- Extra clothes, Towel / Napkin
- Torch with extra batteries
- Something to munch on during journey
- Sunscreen lotion, Mosquito repellent
- Personal Medicines required if any
- Camera with Battery Charger (Optional)
- Identity Proof
Rules to be followed
Few Rules we would like people follow -
- Consumption of alcohol, smoking, drugs, narcotics is strictly now allowed and would lead to expulsion from the trek.
- Leader's decision will be final and binding to all members. No arguments will be entertained.
- Each member is responsible for their own safety and baggage.
- Please do not use deodrant or perfumes as honey bees gets attracted towards it.
- Please do not wear any jewellery or gold ornaments.
- Please do not litter. Do not throw plastic, paper, wrappers, bottles etc. Carry them home to throw in the dustbin.
- We strongly believe in saying - Wherever we go, leave only footprints and take back only memories.
Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing / Rappelling is an adventurous activity and accidents can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care. The organization will not be responsible for any injury / accident / death to the participant while on trek.
For Registraion Email Us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Call: 9987577684 / 9819986540