About the place -
Dudhwa National Park, in Lakhimpur-Kheri District of Uttar Pradesh, adjacent to Nepal border, is one of the major projects for wildlife preservation in India. The northern edge of the reserve lies along the Indo-Nepal border and the southern boundary is marked by the river Suheli.
The forest is in the foot-hills of the Himalyas with the flat land covered by spreads of grasslands, swamps and dense forests of tall 'Sal' trees. Nearly 60 percent of forest is made up of Sal (shorea robusta) trees while the remaining part represents other varieties typical to the sub-Himalayan terrain. This mix of ecosystems plays a key role in sustaining a large number living species. The swamps and vast grasslands with tall, yellow grass provide a natural habitat for tigers, deers, rhino etc while dense forests support a variety of other animals like Leopard, Fishing Cat, Leopard Cat, Wild Elephants, Sloth Bear, Hog Deer, Barking Deer, Swamp Deer, Sambhar Deer, etc. and 450 species of birds including Swamp Francolin, Bengal Florican and Great Slaty Woodpecker.
It has two core areas - Dudhwa National Park and Kishanpur wildlife sanctuary and both are 15 km apart with agricultural land between them. The forest of Dudhwa National Park is made up of North Indian Moist Deciduous type. Water bodies in the park attract a number of migratory birds from September till march and the rivers support a rich variety of turtles, crocodiles and fish. Gangetic dolphin is reportedly found in the Geruwa river.
- Reach Lucknow by 7:00 am
- Transfer to Dudhwa in AC vehicle (~ 4.0 Hrs)
- Check in at the resort, freshen up and have lunch
- Evening Jungle Safari in Dudhwa
- Informative session and discussion
- Diner and retire for the day
- Wake up early and Freshen up
- Morning Jungle Safari at Kishanpur WLS
- Back to resort for lunch
- Evening Jungle Safari at Dudhwa
- Discussion on today's sightings
- Pack your things as we have to check out next day
- Dinner and retire for the day
- Wake up early and freshen up
- Morning Jungle Safari at Dudhwa
- Check out of resort by 11:30 am
- Transfer to Lucknow by private AC vehicle
- Reach Lucknow by 4:30 pm
- Transfer from Lucknow to Dudhwa and back in A/C vehicle
- Accommodation at the Resort in A/C rooms on twin sharing
- All meals during the trip including Day 1 Breakfast
- 4 Open Gypsy Jungle Safari (4 travelers per gypsy)
- Informative Session
- All Jungle entry, Guide Fees and Expertise charges
Cost Excludes -
- Train / Air Fare to Lucknow and back
- Food during the flight / train journey
- Any kind of travel or personal insurance
- Soft drinks and mineral water
- Anything other than mentioned in the list
- Identity Proof
- Extra Set of Clothes
- Scarf to protect your face from heat and dust
- Hat / Cap
- Water Bottle
- Some snacks to munch on
- Torch with extra set of batteries
- Binocular, Field Guide
- Camera with extra batteries and charger
- Mobile Charger
- Personal Medicines required if any
- Extra cash for shopping and for emergency
- Alcohol drink and Smoking is strictly prohibited on our trips.
- Respect Forest Guides and Gypsy Drivers and follow their instructions.
- Do not get down from your gypsy inside the reserved forest.
- Making loud noise and playing music in the forest is not allowed.
- Do not try to touch or feed wild animals.
- Keep safe distance from the wild animals and keep them their space.
- Do not use camera flash while clicking photographs of wild animals and birds.
- Do not litter. Keep the area clean. Carry chocolate wrappers, plastic covers, paper and other waste with you and dump it in the dustbin.
For Registraion Email Us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Call: 9987577684 / 9819986540