BHUTAN BACKPACKING TOUR22nd December 2019
Dates: 22nd Dec to 29th Dec 2019
Duration: 8 Days and 7 Nights
About the place -
Bhutan, a Buddhist kingdom on the Himalayas’ eastern edge, is known for its monasteries, fortresses (or dzongs) and dramatic landscapes that range from subtropical plains to steep mountains and valleys. In the High Himalayas, peaks such as 7,326m Jomolhari are popular trekking destinations. Paro Taktsang monastery (also known as Tiger’s Nest) clings to cliffs above the forested Paro Valley.
Day 1: Bagdogra - Phuentsholing
- Arrival and meet up at Bagdogra by 12 noon
- Travel to Phuentsholing and hotel check in
- Free time for guests
- Overnight stay in Phuentsholing
Day 2: Phuentsholing - Thimpu
- After breakfast, pick up from hotel
- Go through the immigration for the entry permit
- Proceed to Thimpu after getting the permit
- Check in at the hotel upon arrival in Thimpu
Sightseeing around Thimpu
- Kuensel Phodrang - worlds's largest sitting buddha statue
- BBS Tower – area where you will see the view of Thimpu Valley
- Takin Reserve – wildlife reserve for Takin, Bhutan's National Animal
Day 3: Thimpu Sightseeing
- Sightseeing throughout the day and explore important places in Thimpu
Places to visit:
- Taschi Chhoe Dzong – seat of Bhutan's gov't and Royal offices
- Memorial Chorten - a monument built in 1974 to honor the 3rd King of Bhutan, Jigme Dorji Wangchuck (1928-1972)
- Royal Textile Academy of Bhutan – a national center for professional training in weaving designs and production of Bhutanese textile
- Folk Heritage Museum – provides fascinating insights into the Bhutanese material creation
- Bhutan Postal Museum – guests may bring photos and make a personalized Bhutanese postage stamp
Day 4: Thimpu - Punakha
- After breakfast,travel towards Punakha. En route, we will stop at Dochula Pass, a beautiful spot to see the 360 degree panoramic view of the Himalayan mountain range
- Explore and sightseeing at Punakha – once served as Bhutan's capital (1657- 1907).
Places to visit:
- Visit Druk Wangyal Lhakhang – a monastery built as a tribute to the 4th King of Bhutan
- Visit Chimmi Lhakhang – known for its fertility shrine3
- Punakha Dzong – located on the island of Pho Chu (male river) Mo Chu (female river). The Dzong was built to serve as the religious and administrative seat of the region.
Day 5: Punakha - Paro
• After breakfast, start travel towards Paro
• Hotel check in upon arrival, freshen up and sightseeing
Places to Visit:
- National Museum – also known as Ta Dzong and located just above Paro Dzong, in an ancient building that used to be the watch tower
- Ugyen Pelri Palace – a Royal place built around 1930
- Dumtse Lhakhang – an unusual temple built in the shape of a chorten and was built in early 1400. This temple was designed with three different levels representing heaven, earth and hell
- Rinpung Dzong – built in the year 1646 by Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal, the first spiritual and temporal ruler of Bhutan
- Kyichu Lhakhang – one of the 108 monasteries that are said to have been constructed by King Sogten Gampo in one night
Day 6: Hiike to the Tiger's Nest Monastry
- After breakfast, will travel to base camp of one of Bhutan's most sacred monument, Taktsang Goemba, also known as Tiger's Nest
- Start the trek which is 4-5 hours round trip depending on the pace of guests
- This monastery offers a spectacular view of this sacred place that is perched on a cliff 900 meters above the valley floor
- Transfer back to the hotel and rest or go shopping
Day 7: Paro - Phuentsholing
- After breakfast, start the travel back to Phuntsholing
- Check in upon arrival and free time for guests
- Overnight stay in Phuentsholing
Day 8: Phuentsholing - Bagdogra
- After breakfast, will travel back to Bagdogra
- Travel to your respective destination
Cost of the trip is Rs 24,750/- only (Ex Bagdogra)
Cost Includes -
- Transportation throughout the trip starting from Bagdogra
- 8D/7N accommodation in Deluxe Rooms in 3 Star category hotels
- Breakfast and Dinner during the trip
- Entry permit and Immigration Charges
- Owlet Outdoors Expertise Charges
Cost Excludes -
- Train / Air fare till Bagdogara
- Bottled Drinking Water, Cold Drinks etc
- Lunch during the trip
- Any extra food ordered
- Any personal expenses like laundry services, tips
- Entry and Guide charges at the monuments
- Camera charges
- Anything which is not mentioned in the cost includes
To register for the trip, contact - 9987577684 / 9819986540 / 9987007742
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
One has to pay Rs 15,000/- (Non refundable) at the time of registrtion.
Remaining amount to pay 1 month before the journey date.
Handover cash or deposit in the following bank account -
Account Name: OWLET OUTDOORS
Account Number: 50200028742000 (Current)
Bank Name: HDFC Bank
Branch: Shantivan, Borivali East, Mumbai
Things to be carried
Rules to be followed
Few Rules we would like people follow -
- Consumption of alcohol, smoking, drugs, narcotics is strictly not allowed and would lead to expulsion from the trek.
- Leader's decision will be final and binding to all members. No arguments will be entertained.
- Each member is responsible for their own safety and baggage.
- Please do not wear any valuable jewellery or gold ornaments.
- Please do not litter. Do not throw plastic, paper, wrappers, bottles etc. but throw in the dustbin.
- We strongly believe in saying - Wherever we go, leave only footprints and take back only memories.
For Registraion Email Us at: email@example.com
or Call: 9987577684 / 9819986540