YANA - SIRSI - BANAVASI TOUR29th August 2020
Tour Date: 29th - 30th August 2020
Duration: 2 Days
Places to visit - Mirjan Fort, Yana Caves, Sahastraling, Banvasi Temple, Vibhooti Falls
About the place -
Yana Caves -
Yana Rocks is two peaks of black crystalline limestone, jutting into the sky towering above the dense forest cover in the western ghats of Uttar Kannada. One peak called Bhairaveshwara stands 390 feet tall while the other called Mohini Shikhara stands at 300 feet high. At the base of the Bhairaveshwara shikhara is a cave temple, a natural formation where resides the Lord Shiva. Water drips from the projecting rocks over the linga, and devotees call it Gangodbhava. The cave also has a bronze icon of Godess Chandika.
Madhukeshwara Temple -
The Madhukeshwara temple gets its name from the honey-hued Shiva Lingam inside the sanctum. The temple dates back to the 9th century and hence is one of Karnataka’s oldest temples. It was commissioned by Mayura Sharma from the Kadamba dynasty.
Banvasi, located 23 kms from Sirsi, was the first royal dynasty of Karnataka. After the Kadamba reign, the Chalukya and the Hoysala dynasty rules the area. Additions and renovations were made to the temple by rulers from both periods. Thus, in a way the temple showcases how architectural styles in Karnataka have changed over the years.
It is a pilgrimage place, located in the river Shalmala, around 15 km from the Sirsi in Uttar Kannada, Karnataka. It is famous for being the location where around a thousands of Shivalingas are carved on the rocks in the river and on its banks. Shivalingas were submerged for hundreds of years and were seen first time few years back when water receded due to drought in the region. Most probably unknown artists from Sonda kingdom have carved it near about 300 years back.
It is located in Ankola taluka of Uttara Kannada district in Karnataka, India. The word “Vibhuthi” means limestone. The water in this falls comes past limestone rocks near Yana & so the falls is called “Vibhuthi Falls”.
Friday, 28th August 2020 -
- Meet at Mumbai CST at 9:30 pm
- Board Madgaon Express at 10:02 pm from Mumbai
Saturday, 29th August 2020 -
- Reach Kumta by 9:00 am
- Explore Mirjan Fort
- Enjoy delicious local flavor south Indian meal
- Hike for approx 20 minutes and explore Yana Caves
- Travel to Sirsi and overnight stay in the hotel
Sunday, 30th August 2020 -
- Wake up early by 5:30 am
- Visit Marikamba Temple
- Visit ancient Madhukeshwara Temple at Banvasi
- Breakfast and Visit Sahastralings
- Visit Vibhooti Falls after a 20 minutes hike
- Lunch and Travel towards Gokarna
- Board Matsyagandha Express at 5:00 pm from Goarna Rd
Monday, 24th August 2020 -
- Reach Mumbai by 6:00 am
Cost of the tour is Rs. 6000/- only.
The cost includes -
- Sleeper Class Train Tickets - Mumbai to Kumta and Gokarna to Mumbai
- Accommodation in the hotel on twin / triple sharing
- Transportation through out the tour
- Entry and Parking Fees at the sightseeing locations
- All meals during the tour (2 BF, 2 Lunch, 1 Dinner, Tea)
- Guide and Expertise charges
The cost exclude -
- Bottled Drinking Water
- Dinner on Sunday
- Any kind of Insurance
- Anything which is not mentioned in the cost includes
To register for the trek, contact - 9987577684 / 9819986540 / 9987007742
Email us at email@example.com
One has to pay Rs 3500/- (Non refundable) at the time of registration.
Remaining amount to pay 1 month before the journey date.
Handover cash or deposit in the following bank account -
Account Name: OWLET OUTDOORS
Account Number: 50200028742000 (Current)
Bank Name: HDFC Bank
Branch: Shantivan, Borivali East, Mumbai
Note: Train Bookings open 4 months in advance. So get confirmed train tickets, register yourself well in time.
Things to be carried
Here is a list of things to be carried for the trek -
- Haversack to put in everything to be carried for the tour
- Water - 2 Liters at least
- Extra clothes, Towel / Napkin
- Torch with extra batteries
- Something to munch on during journey
- Sunscreen lotion, Mosquito repellent
- Personal Medicines required if any
- Identity Proof
Rules to be followed
Few Rules we would like people follow -
- Consumption of alcohol, smoking, drugs, narcotics is strictly now allowed and would lead to expulsion from the trek.
- Leader's decision will be final and binding to all members. No arguments will be entertained.
- Each member is responsible for their own safety and baggage.
- Please do not wear any jewellery or gold ornaments.
- Please do not litter. Do not throw plastic, paper, wrappers, bottles etc. Carry them home to throw in the dustbin.
- We strongly believe in saying - Wherever we go, leave only footprints and take back only memories.
Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing / Rappelling is an adventurous activity and accidents can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care. The organization will not be responsible for any injury / accident / death to the participant while on trek.
For Registraion Email Us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Call: 9987577684 / 9819986540