TARSAR MARSAR TREK01st August 2021
Think Kashmir and it conjures visions of enchanting mountain valleys, stunning meadows and breathtaking alpine lakes. And camping on the banks of the magical high-altitude lakes is nothing short of heavenly.
To provide a taste of this heavenly landscape Owlet Outdoors is organizing a moderate trek to Tarsar, Sundarsar and Marsar lakes.
Date: 1st August to 7th August 2021
Duration: 7 Days / 6 Nights ex Srinagar
Height: 13200 Feet above msl
Total Distance: ~42 Kms in the mountains
About the place -
31st August 2021 -
Fly from Home to Srinagar and overnight stay
Day 1, 1st August 2021 - Arrival at Aru (8,038 ft) â€“ 103 km Drive
You will board a vehicle that takes you on a 2-hour drive to Aru, winding roads that take you through one of Kashmirâ€™s famed tourist destinations of Pahalgam. Aru, our base camp for the Tarsar â€“ Marsar trek, is another 12 km ahead of Pahalgam. Stay overnight in tents at the open grassy campsite at Aru.
Day 2, 2nd August 2021 - Aru to Lidderwat (9.022 ft) â€“ 8 km
We head out into the tree cover, visible at a distance from the campsite, leaving behind the green pen pastures. The trek starts with a gradual ascend for 2 to 3 hours through a beautiful pine forest trail. A short level walk along the Lidder river thereafter brings you to a tea stall. Another gradual ascend for 1 hour and you can see the Lidder forest rest house insight. Cross a bridge and get to the Lidder campsite on the other side of the ladder river.
Day 3, 3rd August 2021 - Lidderwat to Sekhwas (11,15 ft) â€“ 6 km
The dayâ€™s trek starts with a moderate to steep ascent for 1 hour, followed by a level walk for another hour before we break for lunch, beside a gentle stream. We leave the tree line behind here and ascend gradually for 1 more hour to reach the Shekwas campsite. From here one can get a good view
of the surrounding mountains and the path leading up to the Tarsar green lake.
Day 4, 4th August 2021 - Sekhwas to Tarsar Lake (12,467 ft) â€“ 4 km
A trek to the first of the lakes, Tarsar, is on the agenda today. We trek uphill from the Shekwas campsite, keeping the stream flowing down to our right. The views of the mountains get grander and more snow-clad peaks to become visible all around us as we approach the Tarsar Lake. 2 hours of trekking and the beautiful lake reveals itself amidst imposing mountain ridges on 3 sides.
Day 5, 5th August 2021 - Tarsar to Sundersar (12,960 ft) via Sonamous Pass (12,960 ft) â€“ 6 km
Today, we have to cross the ridge which surrounds the Tarsar lake. An hourâ€™s climb to the top of the ridge and then we descend into the valley on the other side. The view of the valley leading to Zachmargi on the other side of the ridge is simply breathtaking. Upon descending into the valley, we walk along the stream which drains from Sundarsar. Camp at Sundarsar.
Day 6, 6th August 2021 - Sundersar to Sonamasti (10,826 ft) via Marsar Lake (12,631 ft) â€“ 8 km
Walking around Sundersar, we trek up and over a saddle on a ridge located on the far side of the lake. Marsar is an hourâ€™s trek away from here. After relaxing at the lakes and soaking in the beauty of the surroundings, we turn back towards Zachmargi and then trek down for another 2 to 3 hours to the Sonemasti campsite. We are now headed towards the other end of the valley leaving behind the Kolahoi mountain massif.
Day 7, 7th August 2021 - Sonamasti to Sumbal (6,560 ft) â€“ 8 km. Drive 24 km to Srinagar
From Sonemasti, we will start our descent towards Sumbal, where our trek ends. The trek is entirely downhill, crisscrossing water streams along the way. We also pass a number of shepherd huts as we get near Sumbal. Be careful though â€“ a number of shepherd dogs to be encountered along the way. It takes about 3 to 4 hours to reach the upper Sumbal settlement, where the trek ends. From here, board vehicles for a 1-hour road journey to Srinagar. Overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 8, 8th August 2021 - Fly from Srinagar to Home
Trek Cost: 12,750/- only (Ex Srinagar)
Cost includes -
- Transport from Srinagar to base and back
- Accommodation / Camping in tents during the trek
- All Meals while on trek (Veg & Egg) Bed tea, Breakfast, Lunch, and dinner.
- Trek equipmentâ€™s like Sleeping bag, liner, mattress, tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent
- Trekking Permits
- First aid medical kits
- Mules to carry a common luggage
- Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide, Cook, Support staff, and other professionals
Cost does not include -
- Air Fare to Srinagar
- Hotel accommodation at Srinagar before and after the trek
- Food during the transit
- Mules or porter to carry your personal luggage
- Any Expenses of Personal nature such as Travel and medical insurance, Cold Drinks, Laundry, Telephone/Fax, Calls, Additional Porterage or transportation
- Any additional Expenses caused by reason beyond our control such as Natural Calamities (Land Slides, Floods etc.), any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes, evacuation costs etc.
- Any tips, and any meals apart from the ones mentioned above.
- Any other tax or service charge, stay charge that could be enforced during this period will be extra and need to be borne by you.
- Any service not specifically mentioned in the Includes sections.
To register for the event,
Contact - 9987577684 / 9819986540 / 9819800060
Email us at email@example.com
One has to transfer full amount for the registration in following bank account -
Account Name: OWLET OUTDOORS
Account Number: 50200028742000 (Current)
Bank Name: HDFC Bank
Branch: Shantivan, Borivali East, Mumbai
Things to be carried
List of things every individual should carry -
- Sun protection & Cold Cream (Sunscreen/Lip balm/Sunglasses)
- Insulation (Jacket/ Personal Clothingâ€™s/ Fleece Gloves/ Hat or Cap)
- Illumination (Headlamp or flashlight (Plus spare - Extra batteries)
- Personal First-aid Kit, Insect repellent
- Energy Food
- Hydration Bag or Water Bottle
- Rainwear (jacket, pants) (Depend on Weather)
- Boots or Shoes suited to terrain
- Socks plus spares, Sandals
- Notebook and pen or pencil
- Credit/Debit card; small amount of cash
- Earplugs and eye shade - UV Protected or Cat 4
- Toothbrush and/or toiletry kit, Toilet Paper
- Towel, Poncho, Personal Clothing (T.Shirts/Lowers/Under Garments etc.)
- Thermal Inner, Bandana or Buff
- Cell phone with Charger
- Camera, memory cards & Binoculars - Optional
Rules to be followed
Few Rules we would like people follow -
- Consumption of alcohol, smoking, drugs, narcotics is strictly now allowed and would lead to expulsion from the trek.
- Leader's decision will be final and binding to all members. No arguments will be entertained.
- Each member is responsible for their own safety and baggage.
- Please do not wear any jewellery or gold ornaments.
- Please do not litter. Do not throw plastic, paper, wrappers, bottles etc. Carry them home to throw in the dustbin.
- We strongly believe in saying - Wherever we go, leave only footprints and take back only memories.
All travelers are advised to purchase travel insurance that provide care and services for sickness, Accidents, emergency rescue, ted. Related to international travel. Any organizer of Owlet Outdoors shall not be responsible for the loss of personal assets and belongings of the travelers due to unavoidable reason or mishap.
Caution & Remarks :
- Even though participants do not need to submit any health certificates those with a history of medical problems, particularly cardiac or respiratory, should consult a doctor before deciding to undertake the trip.
- Carry appropriate substitution drugs for individuals allergic to any of above
- Avoid medication such as sleeping tablets, sedatives, strong painkillers, and anti histamines which depress the respiration and increase the risk of (AMS-Active Mountain Sickness) especially while sleeping
For Registraion Email Us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Call: 9987577684 / 9819986540