About the place -
Irshalgad is a hill and popular place amoung trekkers, located near Morbe Dam in the Karjat Taluka of Maharashtra. It looks attractive because of its unique shape of pinnacle. There is a niddle hole like structure known as Nedhe in the pinnacle at Irshalgad. Shivaji Maharaj captured the complete region of Kalyan and Bhiwandi, up to Rairi (Raigad) in May 1666. At that time, the Irshalgad too, must have come under the Maratha rule. Base village - Chowk is the birthplace of Netoji Palkar who was a close associate of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. There are hardly any remains of the fort on Irshalgad and probably was used just as a watch tower to keep watch on the surrounding region of Matheran. Probably that's why there are not many records of this place as a fort in history. A picturesque view of Morde Dam, Prabalgad, Matheran, Karnala Fort is seen from the top of Irshalgad.
- Meet at Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali at 5:30 Hrs sharp
- Start travel towards base village by 5:40 Hrs
- Pick up on the way at Goregaon, Andheri, BKC, Sion, Chembur, Vashi
- Breakfast and Tea on the way
- Reach base village by 8:30 Hrs
- Introduction and Instructions
- Start the trek by 8:45 Hrs
- Reach the top and explore till 12:30 Hrs
- Rest and enjoy veg local flavor meal for Lunch
- Start descend by 14:00 Hrs
- Reach base village by 16:00 Hrs
- Start journey towards Mumbai and reach by 20:30 Hrs
The above mentioned cost includes -
- Travel from Borivali to base and back in private Non-AC bus
- Morning Breakfast, Veg Lunch and Tea
- Guide and Expertise Charges
- Bottled drinking water
- Any kind of Insurance
- Anything which is not mentioned in the list of cost include
- A haversack to put in everything to be carried for the trek
- At least 2 Liters of water
- Steel Plate, Spoon
- Extra set of clothes, Towel / Napkin
- Windcheater / Poncho / Umbrella
- Plastic to wrap your valuable stuff to avoid getting wet in the rain
- Snacks to munch on during journey
- Personal medicines required if any
- Identity Proof
- Face Mask and Hand Sanitizer
- Consumption of alcohol, smoking, drugs, narcotics is strictly not allowed and would lead to expulsion from the trek.
- Leader's decision will be final and binding to all members. No arguments will be entertained.
- Each member is responsible for their own safety and baggage.
- Please do not wear any jewellery or gold ornaments.
- Please do not litter. Do not throw plastic, paper, wrappers, bottles etc. Carry them home to throw in the dustbin.
- We strongly believe in saying - Wherever we go, leave only footprints and take back only memories.
Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing is an adventurous activity and accidents can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care. The organization will not be responsible for any injury / accident / death to the participant while on trek.
For Registraion Email Us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Call: 9987577684 / 9819986540