BEAS KUND TREK, MANALI 6D/5N13th May 2018
THIS EVENT IS OVER !!
Trek Dates: 13th May to 18th May 2018
Duration: 6 Days & 5 Nights
Max Height: 11,600 feet above msl
Batch Size: 30 Participants max.
Age Group : 18 Yrs. To upto Medically/Mentally/Physically fit.
About the place -
Beas Kund Trek is one of the most popular trek in Kullu Valley. Its a holy place where Rishi Vyas tookhis daily bath. River Beas originates from here. Dhundi camp gives glimps of Mt. Hanuman Tibba and seven sisters. Trek to beas kund is is enjoyable and easy going trek.
At an altitude of 2,050 m (6,726 ft) in the Beas River Valley is a hill station nestled in the
mountains of the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh near the northern end of the Kullu Valley. It is located about 270 km (168 mi) north of the state capital, Shimla. Manali lies in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh state of India. It has become a tourist spot in recent years. Manali with a population of approx. 30,000 is administratively a part of the Kullu district. The small town is the beginning of an ancient trade route to Ladakh and from there over the Karakoram Pass on to Yarkand and Khotan in the Tarim Basin.
12th May 2018
Travel from Delhi to Manali by Bus at 4:00 pm
Day 1: 13th May 2018
Reporting at Manali by 9:00 am. Freshen up and have Breakfast. Rooms will be allotted. Introductiona and instruction session. Post lunch we go for acclimatization trek to Jogin waterfall. Enjoy a discussion over evening high tea and snacks to get equiped for the trek. After dinner, we retire for the day.
Day 2: 14th May 2018 (4 to 5 hours Trek to Dhundi Glacier)
Today 7 km long trek takes us over loosely held boulders and moraines with Beautiful Ice
Bridges/Glaciers at places. We continue up to a scenic campsite at the pastures of Dhundi Glacier which is a high-altitude meadow and literally means ‘shepherd’s field’. These enchanting meadows are very popular pastures for the Gaddis – a hardy nomadic tribe of shepherds, and it’s easy to find flocks of sheep grazing peacefully in this pastoral idyll. These sun and wind swept meadows will be a feast for your senses. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 3: 15th May 2018
An early start to the day and a short climb up the ridge through Bhoj Patra. Bhoj Patra gets its name from the fact that the area has a lot of Bhoj Patra (birch) trees. We will reach to Bakarthach in the afternoon for Lunch.
Day 4: 16th May 2018
An early start to the day and a short climb up the ridge through. We will spend time here at the glacial tarn of Beas Kund – the source of one of the major rivers of north India. The legend is that Sage Vyas, the author of the great epic Mahabharata, meditated here. After a full day of excursion in the Beas Kund plateau, we will come back to Bakarthach in the evening.
Day 5: 17th May 2018
After breakfast we start our return trek to Burwa, we will take the same route through Solang Nallah. On getting down, we’ll board the vehicle waiting for us from Dhundi near Road, which will get us to Burwa. Post Lunch travel to base camp in Manali.
Day 6: 18th May 2018
Morning Tea and Breakfast. After vote of THANKS to our trek guides and Feedback session, we check out of the base camp and you will br dropped to Manali bus stand. Everyone depart for Delhi or Chandigarh with beautiful memories of Beas Kund Trek.
Trek cost is Rs. 8000/- (Rs. Eight Thousand Only ) - (Ex Manali)
- Manali to Manali Transfers
- All Meals and Accommodation (4 People in 1 Room and 4 People in 1 Tent)
- Girls and Boys Separate Accommodation
- Trek Guide, Cook, Support Staff and other Professionals
- Any Expenses of Personal nature such as Travel and medical insurance, Cold Drinks, Laundry, Telephone/Fax, Calls, Additional Porterage or transportation
- Any additional Expenses caused by reason beyond our control such as Natural Calamities (Land Slides, Floods etc.), any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes, evacuation costs etc.
- Any tips, and any meals apart from the ones mentioned above.
- Any other tax or service charge, stay charge that could be enforced during this period will be extra and need to be borne by you.
- Any service not specifically mentioned in the Includes sections.
Cancellation: If for some reason you wish to cancel your trek, an email intimation needs to be sent to email@example.com. Cancellation requests are not taken over phone. However, you can phone to check whether your cancellation has been processed.
The cancellation charges are as under:
Cancellations prior to 90 days from the start of the trek — full refund.
Cancellation between 89 days and 40 days to the start of the trek — 50% refund.
Cancellation less than 39 days to the start of the trek — no refund.
Note: If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforseen circumstances (like rains, earthquake, landslides, strike/bandh etc), Owlet Outdoors is not responsible and will not give any refund.
Drop out during trek: If for some reason a participant has to drop out from the trek on any day then Owlet Outdoors, will make arrangements for his/her return up to Manali. A staff will accompany the participant to the Manali. Manali transportation and stay cost at any location including Manali has to be borne by the participant.
To register for the event,
Contact - 9987577684 / 9819986540
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
One has to transfer full amount for the registration in following bank account -
Account Name: OWLET OUTDOORS
Account Number: 50200028742000 (Current)
Bank Name: HDFC Bank
Branch: Shantivan, Borivali East, Mumbai
Things to be carried
List of things every individual should carry -
- Sun protection & Cold Cream (Sunscreen/Lip balm/Sunglasses)
- Insulation (Jacket/ Personal Clothing’s/ Fleece Gloves/ Hat or Cap)
- Illumination (Headlamp or flashlight (Plus spare - Extra batteries)
- Personal First-aid Kit, Insect repellent
- Energy Food
- Hydration Bag or Water Bottle
- Rainwear (jacket, pants) (Depend on Weather)
- Boots or Shoes suited to terrain
- Socks plus spares, Sandals
- Notebook and pen or pencil
- Credit/Debit card; small amount of cash
- Earplugs and eye shade - UV Protected or Cat 4
- Toothbrush and/or toiletry kit, Toilet Paper
- Towel, Poncho, Personal Clothing (T.Shirts/Lowers/Under Garments etc.)
- Thermal Inner, Bandana or Buff
- Cell phone with Charger
- Camera, memory cards & Binoculars - Optional
Rules to be followed
All travelers are advised to purchase travel insurance that provide care and services for sickness, Accidents, emergency rescue, ted. Related to international travel. Any organizer of Owlet Outdoors shall not be responsible for the loss of personal assets and belongings of the travelers due to unavoidable reason or mishap.
Caution & Remarks:
- Even though participants do not need to submit any health certificates those with a history of medical problems, particularly cardiac or respiratory, should consult a doctor before deciding to undertake the trip.
- Carry appropriate substitution drugs for individuals allergic to any of above
- Avoid medication such as sleeping tablets, sedatives, strong painkillers, and anti histamines which depress the respiration and increase the risk of (AMS-Active Mountain Sickness) especially while sleeping
For Registraion Email Us at: email@example.com
or Call: 9987577684 / 9819986540